Monday, May 16, 2011

Book of Glyph Mastery

All of us who use inscription know what this little gem is and how it works right now. For anyone who doesn't, BoGM and the two daily research crafts each have a specific set of glyphs, and once you've completed that set you no longer need to do any more of that type - but you do need to continue any you have not finished.

As is, you need over 50 BoGM to learn them all. Because this is a WotLK item, I've decided that the long term value of the books will only increase. Therefore, I had started stockpiling them, buying out any under 450g and relisting at 500g for storage. Well, two things occurred that changed my perspective.

First, these books started selling in mass quantities at 500g, double the average I was buying them at. This was due to me emptying the market out and essentially resetting it at 500g, so I stopped posting them.

Secondly, I noticed this today from the Q/A #7 - Professions:

Will you provide a way to speed up the acquiring of glyphs usually acquired through research and glyph books? Glyph books (Book of Glyph Mastery) are hard to come by now that people spend so little time in WotLK content. - Furlqt (NA/ANZ), 에르네스트린덴만 (KR), Kånê (EU-ES)

Yes. We will be changing the discovery spells so they can teach all possible glyphs, and the books will simply provide a no-cooldown method to do the same thing.

Wait. What? People will now *need* 0, but rich folk can just buy some 200 books and just learn everything instantly?

What does this mean? Well, for me it means that I plan on holding a ton of these books, and once this change goes live... /evil chuckle. I think I'll go for about 2 bank tabs full, or ~2000 books. That seems a nice number, and I'm already 10% there. =)

This just goes to show you, be aware of all blue posts, not just patch notes!

Other things of interest:
- Chaos Orbs will be unbound in future patches. This generally means *new* orbs will be unbound while existing ones are unchanged, so I would not stockpile them.
- Archaeology has some interesting changes in store, but nothing really concrete yet.

Happy goldmaking!

No comments:

Post a Comment